Monday, February 14, 2011

February 12th-13th: UW MEET- Washington Bound

So this weekend I was in Seattle for a HUGE meet at UW. On friday night I went for a pre-meet, 2 mile run and then 3x100 meter strides just to get some speed in. I was pretty nervous for the next day, my whole family was coming to watch me race! I wanted to run real fast.

February 12th: Race Day- My race was at 11 a.m. and I was in the first heat out of 6 heats of the mile. There was 18 girls in my heat, some from Washington, idaho, California and Oregon. So it was a pretty awesome line-up. I started out the race in 7th and throughout the race moved up and finished in 3rd with a time of 5:06. This is a lifetime best for me in the mile, so I was very happy with my time. Next week I will run the mile and I know I can drop more time and hopefully go under 5 minutes! I am finally getting back to myself, dropping my times:)
click here to see my race on flotrack!

1 comment: