Thursday, February 3, 2011

February 3rd: Liberty Park workout 2x 11 mins.

park1.jpg
Liberty Park:  Distance Workouts 
Today we finally had our second workout for the week! Due to the weather we have been holding off.   Today's workout was 2 by 11 minutes at threshold pace. Let me break it down so its more understandable. First threshold pace is about  one minute slower than your race pace! Essentially my race pace for a mile is 5:00 minutes. So today because we were running outside in the cold my threshold pace would be a 6:05 mille pace. The workout was to run threshold pace( 6:05 mile pace for me) for 11 minutes straight. Then we got 2 minutes of rest in between and then we did the same 11 minute bout again.  So for the first 11 minute circuit I ran 1.75 miles so at the mile I ran 6:06 and then finished. Then my second 11 minute circuit I came through the mile at 6:08 and finished making my last circuit 1.75 miles! Today's workout was successful especially in the cold. The effort level was about 85%. With my 2 mile warm-up and 3 mile cool down I ran 8 miles today.  This weekend we will travel to Boise, ID for the Bronco Invite! I will be racing in the mile and the 3k! So today's workout helped me do a little speed but helped me more for endurance for the 3k this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment